082217 Scott De Angioletti
1. Name/ nickname: Scott
2. Hometown: Smithtown
3. Age: 40
4. Occupation: Freelance Producer/Cameraman/Director/Etc.
5. What’s your favorite movement (s) and/ or WOD(s)? Love running and rowing. Love to zone out on cardio.
6. What’s your LEAST favorite movement (s) and/ or WOD(s) Anything with a squat.
7. How would you describe your diet? Whole Life challenge made me aware of what I was doing wrong. I try to follow those rules after completing it in March.
8. What sort of changes have you seen in your body, health and fitness since starting CrossFit? I get a physical every summer from my doctor and I couldn’t get over how much changed for the better with things like cholesterol and blood pressure. I also notice how much more strength I have at work. Not getting winded so easily.
9. Describe your biggest milestone, achievement, or “A-ha” moment? About six months in I did a WOD and it just felt like I didn’t need to super concentrate to get through it.
10. What are your hobbies, interests and/or talents outside of CrossFit? I love to travel and meet new people. My job allows me to constantly learn about new things, people, and experiences. On a day to day basis I love to swim and be by the ocean.
11. Please share with us any favorite CrossFit / CFM moments: I just love the people and community at Crossfit. It is nice to be in an atmosphere where everyone encourages each other.
12. What encouragement or advice would you give to people just getting started? I was timid about starting Crossfit as I had in my mind all the stereotypes around it. If you plug along and work on small goals, all of a sudden you start making progress quickly and without realizing how far you have come along.
13. Fitness goals for this year? My goals are to understand lifting movements with the barbell. It just doesn’t feel right yet.
14. Favorite cheat meal? Grilled cheese is heaven for me. It has been my favorite since I was a kid.
15. Favorite quote? Never really had a favorite quote. Enjoy reading non fiction on everything.
WARM UP: 500M row
MOBILITY: halos 3×5
8 pull ups
8 double KB front squats 24/ 16kg
RECOVERY/ AEROBIC CONDITIONING: 3k row
2017 08 21