122216 Michael Hersh
- Name/ nickname: Michael Hersh (aka “Mike H” on the big board)
- Hometown: Toronto, Canada (very proud Canadian)
- Age: 39
- Occupation: Divisional Planning Manager at Macy’s
- What’s your favorite movement (s) and/ or WOD(s)? Power Cleans. As well as Manmakers (I’m probably the only one to say that. Ever.).
- What’s your LEAST favorite movement (s) and/ or WOD(s)? Any WOD that involves multiple reps with weights AND running. And of course, Musical Chairs. Apologies again to Laura and Blair. I was a real prick that day. Like that jerk in fifth grade gym class.
- How would you describe your diet? Pretty healthy with a few indulgences here and there. Limit/eliminated processed foods.
- What sort of changes have you seen in your body, health and fitness since starting CrossFit? I’m much more relaxed and upbeat when I leave box and start my work day. As for the physical changes… my wife has noticed. So that’s enough 🙂
- Describe your biggest milestone, achievement, or “A-ha” moment? Milestone in life was having my kids (twin daughters). A-Ha moment at cross fit was during the second WOD of a session (which we have every once and a while) when I finished, totally exhausted, and thought to myself “why didn’t I start doing this 5 years ago?”
- What are your hobbies, interests and/or talents outside of CrossFit? I’m an avid sports fan . I passionately follow all Toronto teams, as well as the NY Giants. I love going to concerts. Have seen Springsteen 50+ times. Above all, I love hanging with my wife Sarah and daughters Ava and Maya (AMRAP).
- Please share with us any favorite CrossFit / CFM moments: I love it all. I really enjoy the comradery of the 6am group. It’s early. People are barely awake. But the music is pumping and everyone is busting their ass. It’s awesome.
- What encouragement or advice would you give to people just getting started? Stick with it. Go often (no matter what). You will NEVER regret going once you finish the WOD.
- Fitness goals for this year? Master the techniques I haven’t fully grasped yet (rope climb, kips, double unders). And to improve my performance each day. Hopefully with an “Rx” next to my name.
- Favorite cheat meal? Pastrami/Corned Beef Sloppy Joe from the Millburn Deli.
- Favorite quote? You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take- Wayne Gretzky
Warm up: AMRAP 5-
5 PVC pass through
5 hang power snatch in front of post
Mobility: 5 mins OYO
Hang power snatch
10-8-6-4.. Build to 80% then
20 box jumps 24″/20″
20 box jump overs
2016 12 21