022717 Micah Gottlieb
Great work this past weekend on the Open guys, and thanks for making it out to FNL. Same thing again this Friday night!
1. Name/ nickname: Micah
2. Hometown: Maplewood, NJ
3. Age: 42
4. Occupation: High School Principal
5. What’s your favorite movement (s) and/ or WOD(s)? Pull Ups, Run, Cleans, most things
6. What’s your LEAST favorite movement (s) and/ or WOD(s)? Overhead Squats
7. How would you describe your diet? Balanced
8. What sort of changes have you seen in your body, health and fitness since starting CrossFit? I am definitely stronger than I have ever been, and I have continued to PR in many movements, as well as getting faster and more fluid. My recovery time for cardio activities has improved drastically, and my metabolism has increased. Physically, my body has changed shape, and over-all I am definitely bigger and more muscular, while remaining lean. I also am noticeably less stressed when I am working out regularly.
9. Describe your biggest milestone, achievement, or “A-ha” moment? I have had so many – from kipping pull ups, to the switch grip for Deadlifts, getting Toes to Bar (though still can’t string them together), there are constantly moments that keep me motivated and wanting to push myself. Mostly, it’s working out in the presence of people who give their all, and push themselves to be their best that have provided the most inspiration and has been the greatest ah-ha moment.
10. What are your hobbies, interests and/or talents outside of CrossFit? I love to spend time with my family. I am a musician/singer-songwriter, and formerly an indie hip-hop music producer. I love doing outdoor activities like camping, hiking, biking, and snowboarding. I also enjoy doing jobs around the house.
11. Please share with us any favorite CrossFit / CFM moments: There are many – finishing Murph this past Memorial Day, doing Grace straight through in about 3:00, every time I wanted to quit but didn’t, and that time I almost puked – well that was a lot of times! I also really enjoyed the BBQ this past summer, hanging with all the families and kids was super fun!
12. What encouragement or advice would you give to people just getting started? Stick with it, ask questions, and make it fun! This is about being your best self – so don’t compare yourself to others, just to yourself and you will be amazed at how much stronger, faster, tougher, and fitter you become.
13. Fitness goals for this year? Doing a Muscle Up and completing Murph straight through!
14. Favorite cheat meal? So many – Donuts, Pizza, Ice cream,
15. Favorite quote? I have two right now
“I’m not saying it’s going to be easy, I’m saying it’s going to be worth it”
“People might not get all they work for in this world, but they must certainly work for all they get.” Frederick Douglass
WARM UP: Tabata- alternate between wall balls and MB cleans.
hip distraction/ monster walk- 2 mins/ 2 mins
Prep: 5×5 DL building to WOD weight.
5 Deadlifts 100kg/ 70kg
10 pull ups
15 sit ups
Back squat: Build to a heavy set of 5 FTD/ 5RM, then at same weight complete 4×3.
2017 02 26